Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Celebration

Today we had a cookout in honor of the completion of Geall. About 35 people showed up. It was the first time I raised her sails. As a entertaining twist, I displayed her in the library in our house. The cathedral ceiling in that room allowed me to step her 10 foot mast. She rested comfortably on a slew of cushions and a blue bed-sheet.

Indirect lighting makes the varnish look much better

Everyone complemented me on how nice she looked. At this point, I still can only see all of the mistakes I made. Fortunately, most of the mistakes are in the last 10 mils of her skin.

It took me well over a year to build those bookshelves, too

If the weather holds (it was 85 degrees F today), I should be able to christen her this week.

One of the mates inspects my work

No comments: