Monday, February 26, 2007

Bulkhead fun

Next on the agenda was to glue in the bulkheads. The middle one fit pretty much exactly where it should. The aft bulkhead was pretty close. The fore bulkhead was off by at least two inches.

I wasn't quite sure what to do. If I put the bulkhead where the plans indicated it should go, there was going to be a 1/2 inch gap between it and the hull sides. If I moved it to where it would fit, it meant that the mast would be in a different position than on the plans. What to do?

After exchanging email with John at CLC, he told me that the bulkheads quite often needed to be place differently than on the plans. He said I should just move it to where it would fit.

So I did.



Similar to the transoms, I wired the bulkheads into position, tabbed them, then added full-size fillets. Above is before the tabs.


Here's the middle bulkhead after final filletting.


Above is the fore bulkhead after all the filletting.


And here's the aft bulkhead after all the work was done.

No comments: