Monday, February 26, 2007

The last of the fiberglass

OK, It's been almost 11 months since I last updated this blog. I'd like to say that I was so busy finishing the boat I didn't have time to write about it. But that would be lying. I did make some progress immediately after my last post that I never got around to writing about, but by March or so too many other outside activities kept me away from my Pram.

So here it's January. I've got to catch up on the little progress I've made (and I've got to actually start working on the boat).

This post and the next few will be retrospective, in that I'll be discussing what I did a while ago.

The day after I fiberglassed the inside, I flipped the boat over and fiberglassed the outside bottom.


I followed pretty much the same procedure as inside, taping first.


Then spreading the fiberglass out on the bottom. This was more difficult than on the inside, since between doing the inside and the outside, the fiberglass picked up some dust and dirt, which it really didn't want to let go of.



But, I managed to get most of the dirt out and added the epoxy.


Again, I was pleased with the results (except for not catching all of the drips in time).

No comments: